6th June 2020
From 4:30 pm
Enter the Poole Festival of Running MinithonsOnline Entry
Minithon races are for children age 6 to 14 plus a free under 6 fun run.
The Minithon races are all held on traffic-free roads and are fully marshalled. Entrants of all standards are encouraged. There is a race clock at the finish gantry and plenty of opportunities for parents to support their children. A formal prize giving is held in the arena after the last race. In the past trophies have been presented by the Mayor of Poole. All finishers will receive a quality medal.
Boys and Girls in all of the age categories will start at the same time. However, the race results will still be produced separately, with the girls and boys individual prizes being presented at the prize giving.
For the Minithon schedule, please see our schedule page: https://poolefestivalofrunning.com/event-schedule/
Under 6’s fun run: In addition to the above, there is an U6’s fun run for children accompanied by an adult. There is no need to pre-register and no payment is required. No race number will be issued. Just turn up on the start line to take part.
Information for races age 6 – 14
- Categories are: 6 & 7, 8 & 9, 10 & 11, 12-14
- The Start is at the main finish gantry by the fountain
- Pre-registration is required. Register online or in the marquee.
- Please ensure you enter the correct category (age on race day)
- No accompanying adults.
- Trophies for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Individuals in each category
- All finishers will receive a medal
- The race will be chip timed with the chip fixed to the back of the race number.
- Course length: 1 mile for 6/7, 8/9 and 10/11 races; 1.5 miles for 12 – 14 race
Information for U6’s
- Race starts straight after the start of the boys and girls 12 – 14 race
- Start is at the main finish gantry by the fountain.
- No need to pre-enter
- No entry fee
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Course length – approx 1/3 mile
On the day
Please assemble near the start line in Poole Park (it will be signposted) with your age group 15 minutes before your race.
Please note that as per UKA licence rules, you are not allowed to wear headphones/earphones as you may not hear instructions from marshals or runners closing behind, especially at water stations.
Final race instructions will be emailed out the week before the race, and will also be available on our Facebook page.
Please see our FAQ page for more information: https://poolefestivalofrunning.com/faq/
Run for charity
Run and raise money to help poorly children in Poole Hospital! For full details and to download a sponsorship form see: https://poolefestivalofrunning.com/charity/